The forecast is for lots of snow. If we get anything close to what is predicted for today, there will be many of us home from work, many watching kids while they are home from school. If you begin feeling a bit stir-crazy, pour yourself some coffee (or wine) and take a look at these five excellent articles/essays from years past.
- What happens when beauty is hidden in plain sight of a morning commute?
- With her incisive wit and clear vision, Dillard invites us to deeper and more nimble attention to our lives.
Will Percy, “Rock and Read: Will Percy Interviews Bruce Springsteen,” www.doubletakemagazine.org
- Springsteen on song-writing and the imagination.
John F. Deane, “A Conversation with Rowan Williams” imagejournal.org
- The former Archbishop of Canterbury on the poetry of faith.
Ben Myers, “The Obedience of Reading,” http://www.faith-theology.com/
- On the joy of being taught how to read a book by the book itself.
Andrew Staron is an assistant professor of theology at Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, West Virginia