Pope Francis arrived in Cuba on Saturday, September 19th. From there, he will visit the US from the 22nd to the 27th. In order to help our readers understand the trip, we’re happy to provide some resources here.
First, you can find all DT posts on Pope Francis here.
Daily Theology contributor Kevin Ahern has put together two excellent visual aids. The infographic to the right will help you with some statistics, both about this trip and about US Catholics in general. The Bingo card at the bottom of the page will help you follow along with the trip and to see what Francis says and does. Click on either picture for a full version.
- America Media has an entire subdomain dedicated to continuous coverage of the Papal trip
- At Crux, John Allen has a media guide for those watching the visit
- John Allen also has an inside look at life aboard the Papal plane
- Ines San Martin has a nice piece looking at how Francis’ Jesuit formation has shaped him
- Daniel Burke at CNN has a piece looking at Francis’ exile in Cordoba and how that shaped the bishop and Pope he would become
- David Gibson of RNS has a list of the “13 Best Reads for Understanding Pope Francis”